1. Community colleges should lead the way in preparing America’s workforce, and states need to join the effort.
By Matthew Dembicki in Community College Daily
2. To bring Asian-American communities to the ballot box, we must overcome cultural barriers, and that starts with language.
By Akiko Fujita at the World
3. We should be honoring, not quarantining, health care workers who put their lives at risk to fight Ebola abroad.
By by Jeffrey M. Drazen, Rupa Kanapathipillai, Edward W. Campion, Eric J. Rubin, Scott M. Hammer, Stephen Morrissey, Lindsey R. Baden at the New England Journal of Medicine
4. Prison officials should judge inmates by their actions, not the color of their skin.
By the Editorial Board of the Los Angeles Times
5. Deliberate efforts to welcome and nurture immigrant families can help reverse the trend of shrinking rural populations.
By the Rural Family Economic Success Action Network